Friday, December 23, 2011

White People Have Too Much Crap

Our crap arrived from Romania yesterday, and if you want to have White Person Guilt then I suggest you watch 5 Africans load your crap into your mansion whilst your housekeeper just keeps saying "too much stuff....too much stuff."

I gave our housekeeper Bridget some Christmas candy that I ordered, speaking of which--you were aware that there are Cinnamon M&M's? I just HAD to try them. Anyway, I like to have Christmas treats around even if I don't eat all of them (very American) so I decided to hand some off. I made two Ziploc baggies filled with M&Ms, mint and cinnamon, Candy Cane Kisses and Christmas York Peppermint Patties so each of her kids would have some American treats. She was soooo appreciative and decided to take some out for our gardener and his kids AND kids at her church. I feel like an asshole. We don't realize just how amazing it is to be Americans until you realize how other people live. So, if you want to send me American treats I will share them with our staff. Did I mention I feel like an asshole? Saying "with our staff" doesn't help things.

Totally off topic: Emme has started sleeping on her tummy. Suffice to say I have not been sleeping well. Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment